AMMSI-Phillip Griffiths Prize – 2017
Call for Nominations for the AMMSI-Phillip Griffiths Prize – 2017
The African Mathematics Millennium Science Initiative (AMMSI) calls for nominations for the AMMSI-Phillip Griffiths Prize for 2017.
The AMMSI-Phillip Griffiths Prize is awarded to an African mathematician, living in Africa, who has made outstanding contribution to mathematics, application of mathematics or promotion of mathematics, as evidenced by research and impact of the work.The award comprises a certificate with a citation on the winner’s scientific achievement as well as a cash prize of USD 6,000. The Prize has been made possible through a grant to AMMSI by Phillip Griffiths on his winning the Chern Prize in 2014. Nominations are welcomed from any part of the world and should contain the following information:
· A letter by the nominator(s) forwarding the nomination and giving the contact details of the nominator(s) and the institutional affiliation, if any.
· Full name, email address and mailing address of the person nominated;
· Home web-page of the nominee (if any);
· The proposed citation (a Concise statement of not more than 250 words detailing the outstanding contribution);
· Justification for nomination (The nominator should cite the reasons for considering the candidate to be deserving and include explanations of the impact of the candidate’s work arising from his/her publications and activities) (Maximum four A4 pages);
· A brief Curriculum Vitae of the nominee including selected major publications(Maximum four A4 pages); The nomination should be sent via E-mail to both addresses below:
The deadline for nominations is 31st May 2017.